Corporate Cricket League Tournament Rules
1. Players should provide the photocopy of their company’s ID card and can be subjected to display the original ID card if needed.
2. During the tournament all participants are expected to behave professionally and should avoid abusive language/gestures/questioning umpires’ decisions.
3. Violation/deviation from the above restriction will lead to awarding of match to the opponents or/and penalizing the erring team.
4. Umpires decision will be final.
5. Team should play wearing common Jersey (Top).If team don’t wearing common jersey while playing will get 10 runs penalty.
6. Tournament will be played on league cum knockout basis; League and Knockout matches will be limited to 10 over’s a side. Quarter & Semi-final matches will be limited to 12 over’s a side, Final matches will be limited to 15 over’s a side There is a limit of fourth minutes to bowl the 10 over’s, fifty minutes to bowl the 12 over’s, sixty minutes to bowl the 15 over’s in an innings.
7. Each team would be given one new ball. This can be changed only in circumstances when the ball is lost or unfit to play.
8. The bowling team can approach the umpire for requesting a ball change. The change can be made only on the sole decision of the umpire.
9. No bowlers will be allowed to bowl more than 3 over’s in an innings.
10. There will be an interval of 5 minutes between the two innings.
11. Match will begin on the stipulated time. Teams should arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled match time.
12. Any team arriving after the scheduled time would be considered as forfeiting the match and the other team present would receive winning points for the match.
13. If both teams are not present for the match on the scheduled time, the maximum overs may be restricted or the match would be considered tie. This decision right is solely with the club.
14. In the event of a tie in a match, each team would be given one over to determine the winner in knockout.
15. The delivery following a no ball called for a foot fault shall be a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. If the delivery for the free hit is not a legitimate delivery (any kind of no ball or a wide ball), then the next delivery will become a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it
16. For any free hit, the striker can be dismissed only under the circumstances that apply for a no ball.
17. Field changes are not permitted for free hit deliveries if the same batsman who played the no ball delivery is facing.
18. At the instant of delivery, there may not be more than 5 fieldsmen on the leg side.
19. A bowler shall be limited to one fast short-pitched delivery per over. A short-pitched delivery is defined as a ball which passes or would have passed above the shoulder height of the striker standing upright at the crease.
20. Any delivery which passes or would have passed on the full above waist height of the striker standing upright at the crease is deemed unfair.
21. In the event of a bowler bowling a high full pitched ball as defined above, the umpire shall call and signal no ball.
22. If, in the opinion of the umpire, such a delivery is considered likely to inflict physical injury on the batsman, the umpire at the bowler’s end shall, in addition to calling and signaling no ball, when the ball is dead, caution the bowler and issue a first and final warning. The umpire shall inform the other umpire, the captain of the fielding side and the batsmen at the wicket of what has occurred.
23. Points will be shared if rain interrupts between the match before an innings was bowled.
24. Run-rate will be calculated to decide the winners in case 5 over’s have been bowled in the second innings.
25. No alcoholic beverages are allowed. Teams found guilty of this will be suspended immediately from the whole tournament.
26. Minimum 7 players should be at the ground during the scheduled start time of match or the points will be awarded to the opponents.
27. Player/s should be inside the ground within 30 minutes from start of the match or he/they will be disqualified to play the match.
28. If a fielder fails to take the field with his side at the start of the match or at any later time, or leaves the field during a session of play, the umpire shall be informed of the reason for his absence, and he shall not thereafter come on to the field during a session of play without the consent of the umpire. The umpire shall give such consent as soon as practicable.
29. Player who is wearing Jersey and shoes is allowed to carry the drinks inside field and no other persons except the players declared in the players list are allowed inside the field.
30. Drinks are allowed for the players only if umpires agree.
31. In case of any injury or accident, the CSC is not responsible and will not bear the expense.
32. Any team need to cross verify their opponents ID card a complaint can be login by captain on or before the match. It will be answer in maximum of 24 hours. The game will start on scheduled start time to avoid the time delay.
If CSC found player is not from the same company then the team / player will be disqualify for the tournament.